Friday, September 20, 2013

Five years!

Tim and I's marriage is officially five years old! Two kids, nine houses, two bachelor's degrees, one master's degree, eight jobs later, we are living the good life here in Madison and couldn't be happier. In my comparative field seminar class, we have to say something "interesting" about ourselves every class period, and I've thought about the "I got engaged to a guy I only knew for two weeks and married him two months after that!" thing because it would probably blow everyone's mind but on the other hand I didn't want to appear stupid and immature either (because it was KIND of a stupid and immature thing to do looking back at it).

On the other hand though, I really don't think I could have picked a better person for me. We not only have a decent marriage, we are best friends, and talk about pretty much everything. Even when go on extended trips through Europe and Morocco and we are the only people the other one talks to for weeks at a time we rarely get bored of each other. I knew pretty much from the first few days I thought Tim was the coolest, and then things just spiraled from there. I don't really believe in soul mates, whatever that even means, but we fit so perfectly together sometimes it's the only term that describes how I feel about our relationship. Like our fashion senses, it keeps getting better with time.

Then, summer 2008.

Now. Summer, 2013.


1 comment: